Our process provides the confidence and clarity to chart your financial future.
The Horizon Private Wealth Planning Process is a critical part of the investment management process.
Our certified financial planners work to fully understand a client’s underlying values, goals, aspirations, financial objectives and desires for leaving a legacy. We then capture and analyze all relevant information about your financial situation, and create a portfolio that addresses the specific needs detailed in your plan.
The 7-Step Horizon Planning Process
At a high level, the Horizon planning process encompasses the following 7 steps:
- Identify your goals and resources — We conduct an in- depth discussion with you regarding your goals, family history and preferences.
- Analyze your current financial picture — We review your current financial situation, including net worth and cash flow, investments, insurance, taxes, estate plans and savings.
- Establish financial objectives — We identify the strengths and weaknesses of your current financial status.
- Create individual strategies to work towards attaining your overall goals — The strategic planning phase, this step creates savings, investment, insurance and tax strategies for retirement and other financial goals.
- Build a customized investment portfolio — In your portfolio, we address specific needs laid out in the plan.
- Monitor investment environment — Using sophisticated analytic techniques, we make tactical shifts in your portfolio to address risk and enhance potential performance.
- Provide proactive communication and ongoing financial planning — Our services include an annual investment review, financial workshops and 24/7 access to account data through WealthVision.
“In preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.”
— Dwight D. Eisenhower